photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, September 19, 2014

Pineapple Lime Basil Mocktail


The secret is finally out! My best friend is pregnant! Her and her husband are welcoming a baby girl due on Valentine's Day 2015, but I'm secretly (or maybe not so secretly) hoping that she is a week late and delivers on my birthday. What a cool present that would be; wink wink. Obviously along with baby comes many lifestyle changes; including, but not limited to, watching what you drink. While I'm not giving up my red wine anytime soon, I gotta keep momma happy, so I came up with this "mock"tail of sorts for her when we hosted an impromptu game night at our house last weekend. This was extremely easy to throw together, and I actually ended up liking the mocktail better than my beer! And if you're not expecting, feel free to throw in a splash of vodka or gin and make this into a real party! 

Pineapple Lime Basil Mocktail

Ingredients:
  • 1 large pineapple, skin removed and cored
  • 1 handful fresh
    basil leaves
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • club soda
  • ice

Run the pineapple and basil leaves through your juicer on low speed. Add in the lime juice and shake to combine.

Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.

When you are ready to mix up some mocktails simply pour 1/2 cup pineapple mix over ice and top with a splash or two of club soda. You could also add the pineapple juice, ice, and club soda to a cocktail shaker and shake until frothy and cold. The choice is yours!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations to your friend! I love a good mocktail and this one sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014