photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mexican Taco Pizza


Growing up in Arizona, it's no secret that I love me some Mexican food. Even though I grew up not eating cheese (we've talked about it before, and I am ashamed, but it's true), I would eat almost anything you put in front of me, scraping off the cheese as necessary obvi. And then. There's pizza. And who doesn't love pizza? But as sad as it sounds, I wouldn't touch a slice of cheese pizza with a ten foot pole. But my how things have changed. This pizza is cheesy, and topped with all your favorite Mexican food toppings; i.e. tomatoes, green chiles, olives, sour cream, oh, and cheese, duh. Mexican food and pizza. A match made in my kitchen.

Mexican Taco Pizza

Ingredients:
  • 1 ball pizza dough
  • cornmeal for dusting 
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
  • 3/4 cup cooked ground turkey or beef
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup diced green chiles
  • large handful of chopped lettuce
  • 1 small can of sliced black olives
  • sour cream for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare large baking sheet or pizza stone by covering in corn meal. Stretch dough out into a large circle and place on baking sheet or stone. Cook for 5 minutes in the oven, then remove.

Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese, then the ground turkey, tomatoes, and green chiles. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake in the oven until golden brown and the cheese is bubbling, about 20-25 minutes. 

Remove from the oven and top with the black olives, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. Serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014