photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Wakeup Call Smoothie


Oftentimes I get lazy and won't create a recipe for days on end, and then there are other days when I create up to 4 or 5 recipes in a day. Can we talk about how many dishes I have to hand wash on these days? Too many. See, everything in the blogosphere isn't perfection. I don't make gourmet meals for breakfast each and every day. Sometimes it's all I can do to muster up a piece of toast with peanut butter and then starve myself until lunch time. On the weekends, if I find the time, I like to stop by one of my fave breakfast spots for one of their legendary breakfast smoothies. Luckily, I am a girl with connections, and created a copycat recipe of my own to enjoy at home. Now I can have this on the run, or as a mid-afternoon snack as the perfect pick me up. 

Wakeup Call Smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 large banana
  • 1 large spoonful of creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. instant espresso dissolved into 1 tbsp. hot water
  • 1-2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
  • 1 pkg. chocolate powdered Carnation Great Start
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 cup ice
Place all ingredients in the order listed into your blender and whirl until smooth.

Makes 2 single cup smoothies, or 1 large smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014