photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

HDFB Takeout: Barrio Queen

Last week I met up with my wedding planner, and long-time friend Kris, 1/2 of of the Konsider It Done team, for happy hour. Her and her husband, Tyler, are helping Andrew and I plan the wedding of our dreams, but in order to talk wedding, we needed some food to tide us over the hours of idea swapping. We ended up at Barrio Queen in Scottsdale for their Taco Tuesday special. All tacos are $2.50, and you all know my love for tacos is infinite, so needless to say I was in my happy place. We grabbed a quiet corner table out on the patio, surrounded by fresh flowers, where we dined on tableside guacamole and tacos on tacos on tacos. Being as I have dines here dozens of times before, I was feeling adventurous, and went for the Nopalito taco. In other words, this taco was stuffed with tender cactus, serrano pepper, onion, tomato sauce, and queso fresco. Cactus was something new to me, other than the occasional prickly pear margarita, and I can't way that I would order it again, but I am glad that I tried it. It had somewhat of a mushy-mushroom-esque texture to it, and not much flavor. I am one who loves BIG flavor in my tacos, so this was a miss on my mark. An otherwise impressive as always visit to Barrio Queen left me wanting to share some of my favorite things with you all in case you find yourself in Scottsdale looking for a great place to dine.

Barrio Queen
7114 E. Stetson Dr. Suite 105
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
480-656-4197

What to Order:
Any of their 400+ tequilas
Barrio Guacamole (made to order tableside)



TACOS!
Pictured below: the Cochinita Pibil, Nopalitos, Carne Asado y Huevo


I never met a taco I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014