photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png photo home-34.png

Friday, August 28, 2015

Sweet Potato Noodles with Corn, Black Beans & Chipotle Crema


I have a new obsession. My spiralizer. I will admit that I almost accepted defeat with it the first couple of times I tried to use it (cucumber bits EVERYWHERE), but once I got the hang of it I fell in looooooove. There's no way that vegetable noodles will ever be able to replace classic pasta noodles in my mind, but I love the flexibility and the numerous options that my spiralizer gives me. Especially since I plan on looking svelte in my wedding dres,s and pasta and cheese don't really go hand in hand with that plan. I got this recipe from the Inspiralized website, which features more recipe ideas than I could ever imagine, making eating your veggies ridiculously easy, and delicious to boot!


Sweet Potato Noodles with Corn, Black Beans, and Chipotle Crema
Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
  • 2 ears of corn, shucked
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil, separated
  • 3/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
  • 1-2 tbsp. mayo or sour cream
  • 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into quarters
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 small jalapeno, sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your grill over medium-high heat. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and grill on all sides, until slightly charred. Remove from the grill, cut the kernels from the cobb and toss the cooked kernels with the black beans, paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside. 

Meanwhile, run the sweet potatoes, 1 at a time, through your vegetable spiralizer. Heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the sweet potato noodles and toss with the garlic and oil, cooking the noodles for 8-10 minutes, until softened.

To make the chipotle crema, blend the avocado, chipotle, mayo/sour cream, and 1 juiced lime in a food processor until smooth.

To plate, add the noodles to 4 shallow bowls or plates. Top with the  black bean/corn mixture, then drizzle the chipotle crema over the top. Garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced jalapenos. Serve with lime quarters.


This recipe post was not sponsored, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + created by strawberriesnwine.com | 2014